Training allies and advocates.
Informed by survivors, the mission of our training program is to cultivate practitioners who are compassionate, confident, and armed with the tools necessary to address the complex issues impacting CSEC victims and survivors. We offer introductory, intermediate, and advanced curriculum options which can be tailored to specific needs or interests for service providers and community-based organizations. We also offer sector-specific trainings for law enforcement, prosecutors, medical professionals, and educators.
- Introduction to and defining of trafficking
- Pathways and intersections of risk factors
- Red flags and victim identification
- Survivor realities and experiences
- Societal realities, systemic issues, and demand
- Safety planning
- Stages of change
- Impacts of complex trauma
- Best practices for intervention and response
- Advocacy and case management
- Strength-based youth leadership development
- Cross-sector collaboration and coalition building
Advocacy and Thought Leadership
Extract Effect leverages authentic life experiences and expertise to participate passionately in public policy affecting victims’ services and human trafficking. We work to educate a broad community of supporters and harness our collective outrage to fight exploitation.
Training for Impact
Extract Effect offers introductory and advanced workshops about child trafficking and its devastating impact on lives and societies. Our goal is to increase victim identification and improve provider response to exploited youth. Law enforcement officers, child protective services workers, school personnel and medical providers are some of the professionals we trained.
Contact us to discuss your training needs.
For those seeking support in developing or expanding organizational capacity, we offer technical assistance. We provide consultations that support program development and innovative strategy creation. Our diverse training staff has years of experience developing victim centered trafficking programs within community based organizations and governmental agencies, and will work with you to tailor a plan that suits your specific goals.
Below are some examples of technical assistance that we can provide to support your organization’s growth:
- In person consultation work
- Conference call consultations
- Facilitation of stakeholder meetings
- Support of cross-sector collaborations and task force formation
- Policy review, revision, and writing
Call 937-732-9495 or email email@example.com to discuss technical assistance for your organization.
Our community training is designed to give community members an in-depth understanding of commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking with a focus on the Ohio area.
*Anyone is welcome to attend with no expectation to volunteer with Extract Effect. For those interested in volunteering with EE, this training is required.
About the day
Our trainings are typically 9am-3pm or 10am-4pm. They include interactive learning, videos, and survivor and law enforcement speakers.
Coffee, snacks and lunch are provided.
- Human Trafficking
- Sex Trafficking
- Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking
- The Trafficker/Pimp
- The Victims
- The Demand
- Basic Understanding of Trauma
- Red Flags
- Case Studies
- Nadine Jackson, EE Founder
- Survivor Leader
- Law Enforcement